(snapshot) release of SHITTY plugin

Maarten Mulders

Hi list,

There's been an in issue with the SHITTY plugin [1] that's been open for more than 5 years. The issue has a patch attached to it that seems to fix the issue; I've ran the patch and tested on a project of mine and it seemed to work.

Now I'm looking for a way to release that fix. I've contacted Jason Dillon, the original author, but he says he does not have time to check the patch. Is there anybody who can push a release, even if it were just the next alpha-4 release? I wouldn't mind doing it myself, but I don't know how to do that since I'm not a project committer or maintainer.

Kind regards,

Maarten Mulders

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHITTY-10

Re: (snapshot) release of SHITTY plugin

Baptiste MATHUS-3
Hi Maarten,

For your information, IIRC the shitty-maven-plugin is somehow deprecated and has been superceded by the maven-invoker-plugin (which as you may notice is coming directly from the Apache Maven team, and so is an official plugin).
So though you still may find someone to review and commit your patch, you'd be also far better off migrating your code over to using maven-invoker-plugin.

My 2 cents.

Cheers

--
Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: (snapshot) release of SHITTY plugin

Maarten Mulders

Hi Baptiste,

Thanks for pointing this out. Indeed, the invoker plugin seems to have verification possibilities as well, will look into this.

Maybe it's a good thing to mention this at the SHITTY plugin web pages, too. I remember a co-worker wanting to use the SHITTY plugin, too; he couldn't get it to work neither but might've been able to use the invoker plugin as well.

Regards,

Maarten

On Februari 27, 2015 at 10:04, Baptiste Mathus wrote:

[...]

Good point, thanks for pointing that out.
If you're looking for example on how to set up and use the maven-invoker-plugin you'll find more than you need here I guess: http://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/

Cheers