[mojo-user] Re: [m2] Using the tomcat plugin

[mojo-user] Re: [m2] Using the tomcat plugin

Ralph Pöllath
Hi Mark,

In case you already replied on this list to my post on maven-user, I
missed it and can't find it in the archives at http://
archive.mojo.codehaus.org/user/ . Please re-post or reply off-list.

Otherwise take your time :)

Thanks,
-Ralph.

On 02.11.2005, at 15:13, Mark Hobson wrote:

> Moving to [hidden email] ..
>
> On 02/11/05, Ralph Pöllath <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've successfully compiled and installed the tomcat plugin from svn,
>> and tomcat:deploy works as expected. Now I'm wondering how to best
>> use it.
>>
>> For development, I'd like to avoid zipping up the war file for each
>> deployment. From gleaning at the source, I learned this means
>> deploying in local mode. I guess I have to pass a parameter to the
>> tomcat plugin, but I can't figure out the parameter's correct name (I
>> know, this question is related to plugins in general, but I can't
>> find the documentation).
>>
>> I tried
>> $ mvn -Dorg.apache.maven.plugins.maven-tomcat-plugin.mode=local
>> tomcat:deploy
>> and
>> $ mvn -Dorg.codehaus.mojo.tomcat.mode=local tomcat:deploy
>> but all I get is
>> [INFO] Deploying war remotely to /myProject on http://localhost:8080/
>> manager
>> which means I'm running in the default remote mode.
>>
>> I also noticed there's a mode called inplace, that uses a context.xml
>> file to deploy to tomcat, and requires the war plugin to run in
>> exploded mode. What's the advantage of using inplace (I assume you
>> get to use a path different from project.build.finalName?), and how
>> do I configure the war plugin?
>>
>> How does everyone else use the tomcat plugin?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Ralph.

Re: [mojo-user] Re: [m2] Using the tomcat plugin

mihobson
On 02/11/05, Ralph Pöllath <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> In case you already replied on this list to my post on maven-user, I
> missed it and can't find it in the archives at http://
> archive.mojo.codehaus.org/user/ . Please re-post or reply off-list.
>
> Otherwise take your time :)

Sorry for the delay - send a blank mail to [hidden email]

Cheers,

Mark