license-maven-plugin: check license rules even if some artifacts have no licenses

license-maven-plugin: check license rules even if some artifacts have no licenses

Vitaly Trifanov

Hi there!

I am trying to use license-maven-plugin to check 3rd party licenses of certain maven project and fail the build, if this build depends on artifats with restricted licenses. As far as I understood, I have to specify restricted licenses in "excludedLicenses" section, set "failIfWarning" property to true and execute the aggregate-add-third-party goal.

The problem is that there some artifacts have no licenses and therefore my build always fails as declared by documentation of failIfWarning property: "A flag to fail the build if at least one dependency was detected without a license."

If there any option to simply skip artifacts with no licenses (treat them as not restricted)?

Thanks in advance!

Vitaly.

RE: license-maven-plugin: check license rules even if some artifacts have no licenses

Vitaly Trifanov

... Guys? :)

Re: license-maven-plugin: check license rules even if some artifacts have no licenses

jieryn
http://mojo.codehaus.org/license-maven-plugin/examples/example-thirdparty.html

See the section about missing licenses for adding your own overrides.
I suggest also filing a bug report with the upstream dependency
project that has missing project information, if possible.