jspc-maven-plugin Error - The prefix content specified in this tag directive has been previously used by an action

jspc-maven-plugin Error - The prefix content specified in this tag directive has been previously used by an action

Majors, Jeremy
I'm trying to use the jspc-maven-plugin and am getting the following error:

[ERROR] file:/Users/jeremy/app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/common-search/common-results.jsp (line: 29, column: 1) file:/Users/jeremy/app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/common-search/common-contentitem.jspf (line: 6, column: 47) The prefix content specified in this tag directive has been previously used by an action in file /WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/common-search/common-results.jsp line 26. -> [Help 1]

Is there any way to get around this problem?  I've seen posts about the fact that jspc doesn't precompile the jspf files individually, so I'm assuming that isn't causing the problem, but maybe it is.  Also, I would have assumed that the tag prefixes wouldn't have to be unique between the two files.  Is that untrue?  Do we have to have unique prefixes?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: jspc-maven-plugin Error - The prefix content specified in this tag directive has been previously used by an action

Wayne Fay
> [ERROR]
> file:/Users/jeremy/app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/common-search/common-results.jsp
> (line: 29, column: 1)
> file:/Users/jeremy/app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/common-search/common-contentitem.jspf
> (line: 6, column: 47) The prefix content specified in this tag directive has
> been previously used by an action in file
> /WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/common-search/common-results.jsp line 26.

Can you upload those 2 files to Gist or something for analysis? Or
just extract lines 25-32 out of common-results.jsp and lines 0-10 out
of common-contentitem.jspf and paste in your email back.

Wayne

Re: jspc-maven-plugin Error - The prefix content specified in this tag directive has been previously used by an action

Majors, Jeremy
Here is an example, in the common-results.jsp file I have the following
taglib reference:

<%@ taglib uri="/branding.tld" prefix="branding" %>

In the common-contentitem.jspf, which is included in the
common-results.jsp file I also have the same tag lib reference:

<%@ taglib uri="/branding.tld" prefix="branding" %>

When I don't precompile the JSPs then this does not cause a problem, but
when we precompile it does.  If I comment out the "duplicate" taglib in
common-contentitem.jspf then JSPC precompiles successfully.

Is there a way to get JSPC to ignore any taglibs it has already seen or do
we need to put all of the includes at the JSP level rather than JSPF?

Thanks,
Jeremy

On 7/16/13 6:46 PM, "Wayne Fay" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> [ERROR]
>>
>>file:/Users/jeremy/app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/c
>>ommon-search/common-results.jsp
>> (line: 29, column: 1)
>>
>>file:/Users/jeremy/app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/c
>>ommon-search/common-contentitem.jspf
>> (line: 6, column: 47) The prefix content specified in this tag
>>directive has
>> been previously used by an action in file
>> /WEB-INF/jsp/services/webservices/common-search/common-results.jsp line
>>26.
>
>Can you upload those 2 files to Gist or something for analysis? Or
>just extract lines 25-32 out of common-results.jsp and lines 0-10 out
>of common-contentitem.jspf and paste in your email back.
>
>Wayne

Re: jspc-maven-plugin Error - The prefix content specified in this tag directive has been previously used by an action

Wayne Fay
> When I don't precompile the JSPs then this does not cause a problem, but
> when we precompile it does.  If I comment out the "duplicate" taglib in
> common-contentitem.jspf then JSPC precompiles successfully.
>
> Is there a way to get JSPC to ignore any taglibs it has already seen or do
> we need to put all of the includes at the JSP level rather than JSPF?

I haven't used this plugin in a while, so I'm unsure if any
configuration is available. The simplest thing from my POV to do to
"fix" this issue would be to remove the duplicate taglibs from the
JSPF files.

Wayne