findbugs-maven-plugin ignores my filters

findbugs-maven-plugin ignores my filters

Andrew Pennebaker
I followed the official Mojo usage instructions for configuring findbugs-maven-plugin to ignore:
  • .*thrift.* packages
  • code UR bugs
But no matter how I wrote findbugs-exclude-filters.xml, or what I put in <configuration> or where I put the <plugin> snippet, or called the different goals (findbugs:findbugs, findbugs:check), every time, BOTH of these filters were ignored by FindBugs, and the resulting target/findBugsXml.xml included results for thrift packages (sigh), and UR bugs (double sigh).

As Kohsuke notes, FindBugs seems to be incompatible with Maven 3. Can we get this plugin working again?

--
Cheers,

Andrew Pennebaker

Re: findbugs-maven-plugin ignores my filters

Dirk Olmes-4
> As Kohsuke
> <http://kohsuke.org/2011/08/23/my-epic-battle-with-findbugs-maven-plugin-and-how-i-utterly-lost/>
> notes, FindBugs seems to be incompatible with Maven 3. Can we get this
> plugin working again?

This is a post from 2011 ... don't you think things may have changed in
the meantime?

I'm running the findbugs plugin as part of my builds each and every day
on Maven 3. Works like a charm.

-dirk