Unable to get axistools-maven-plugin to generate source code when running from jenkins

Unable to get axistools-maven-plugin to generate source code when running from jenkins

Tomas Andersen
Hi

I am using Jenkins to run builds whenever we check code into a git repo.
One of the modules in our project is using axistools-maven-plugin to run axis wsdl2java to generate the source code during the build.

We are only checking in the wsdl files in our git repo and not the generated sourcecode. The generated source code is produced and the module is compiled perfectly when running it locally, but in Jenkins nothing happens because the wsdl files are up to date… I know the wsdl files are unchanged, but I still want the maven-plugin to generate the code.

Does anyone working with axis have any knowledge of how to pass this? Is there a way to enforce a generate? Or touch the wsdl files? What is it that triggers the “Nothing to generate. All WSDL files are up to date” in the plugin?

Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Tomas Andersen

Output in jenkins:

[INFO] --- axistools-maven-plugin:1.4:wsdl2java (default) @ ipco-porta-prov ---
[INFO] about to add compile source root
[INFO] Nothing to generate. All WSDL files are up to date.
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources (default-resources) @ ipco-porta-prov ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /opt/jenkins/jobs/IPCO/workspace/ipco-porta-prov/src/main/resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ ipco-porta-prov ---
[INFO] Compiling 2 source files to /opt/jenkins/jobs/IPCO/workspace/ipco-porta-prov/target/classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] /opt/jenkins/jobs/IPCO/workspace/ipco-porta-prov/src/main/java/no/morecom/ipco/phonect/account/PhonectSipClientImpl.java:[3,0] error: package com.portaone.soap does not exist
[ERROR] /opt/jenkins/jobs/IPCO/workspace/ipco-porta-prov/src/main/java/no/morecom/ipco/phonect/account/PhonectSipClientImpl.java:[34,10] error: cannot find symbol

From pom.xml:
    <plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>axistools-maven-plugin</artifactId>

<configuration>
<sourceDirectory>src/main/WSDL</sourceDirectory>
<wsdlFiles>
<wsdlFile>AccountResellerService.wsdl</wsdlFile>
<wsdlFile>CustomerClassResellerService.wsdl</wsdlFile>
<wsdlFile>CustomerResellerService.wsdl</wsdlFile>
<wsdlFile>SessionResellerService.wsdl</wsdlFile>
</wsdlFiles>
<noWrapped>true</noWrapped>
<subPackageByFileName>false</subPackageByFileName>
<packageSpace>com.portaone.soap</packageSpace>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>wsdl2java</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

<plugin>
<version>2.5</version>
<configuration>
<classesDirectory>target/classes</classesDirectory>
<includes>
<include>**/*</include>
</includes>
</configuration>
</plugin>

</plugins>
</build>

Re: Unable to get axistools-maven-plugin to generate source code when running from jenkins

Anders Hammar
There doesn't seem to be a config to force re-generation som your best shot is to have your Jenkins job do "mvn clean install".

Just a side note, there is no active development on this plugin so if possible you should IMO move to some jaxws plugin instead (with active development).

/Anders

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Tomas Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From pom.xml: