Maven License Plugin 'error'

Martijn Verburg
Hi all,

Using the maven license plugin and get:

ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:license-maven-plugin:1.4:check-file-header (default-cli) on project javacountdown-ee6: could not init goal CheckFileHeaderMojo for reason : licenseName can not be null, nor empty -> [Help 1]

My licence section looks like:

    <licenses>

        <license>

            <name>The Apache Software License, Version 2.0</name>

            <url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>

            <distribution>repo</distribution>

            <comments>A business-friendly OSS license</comments>

        </license>

    </licenses>

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Martijn

Re: Maven License Plugin 'error'

Tony Chemit
On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 21:04:48 +0000
Martijn Verburg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using the maven license plugin and get:
>
> ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.codehaus.mojo:license-maven-plugin:1.4:check-file-header (default-cli)
> on project javacountdown-ee6: could not init goal CheckFileHeaderMojo for
> reason : licenseName can not be null, nor empty -> [Help 1]
>
> My licence section looks like:
>
>     <licenses>
>
>         <license>
>
>             <name>The Apache Software License, Version 2.0</name>
>
>             <url>http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt</url>
>
>             <distribution>repo</distribution>
>
>             <comments>A business-friendly OSS license</comments>
>
>         </license>
>
>     </licenses>
>
> Any ideas?

Yep, the check-file-header mojo need a parameter licenseName (or license.licenseName from commandline).

this licenseName can not be retreave from the license in pom.xml

See http://mojo.codehaus.org/license-maven-plugin/examples/update-file-header-config.html for more informations about this goal.

cheers,

tony.

Re: Maven License Plugin 'error'

Martijn Verburg
Thanks, that did the trick - now to play with exclusions for our 3rd party JS libs :-)

Cheers,
Martijn