Execution of sql-files from dependency or classpath in sql-maven-plugin

Execution of sql-files from dependency or classpath in sql-maven-plugin

Reinhard Sandtner
Hey folks,

I have a zip file created with maven-assembly-plugin which contains some sql-files. Currently i have to unpack the zip file with maven-dependency-plugin and then configure sql-maven-plugin to use the unpacked files.

Both plugins should be executed in the same phase and i must take care of the ordering of the plugins. I also have to define these in every project.

The idea is to have something like
<fileset>
    <basedir>dependency:customer-care-sql</basedir>
    <includes>
        <include>*.sql</include>
    </includes>
</fileset>
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>at.rsandtner.experimental</groupId>
        <artifactId>customer-care-sql</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <type>zip</type>
    </dependency>
</dependencies>
and resolve the dependency in the plugin.

To resolve sql files from classpath is a "little" bit tricky but as first step, by resolving the dependencies would work for me... ;-)

wdyt - should we give it a try?

btw: on my windows machine at work there are stochastic test-failures in case of the ordering test gets executed - on my mac everthing works fine.

lg
reini