The Mojo team is pleased to announce the release of the License
Maven Plugin, version 1.4.
This plugin manages the license of a maven project and its dependencies
(update file headers, download dependencies licenses, check thirdparty
This License Plugin has the following goals:
Goal to generate the third-party license file. This file contains a list of
the dependencies and their licenses. Each dependency and it's license is
displayed on a single line in the format
(<license-name>) <project-name> <groupId>:<artifactId>:<version> -
It will also copy it in the class-path (says add the generated directory as a
resource of the build).
This aggregator goal (will be executed only once and only on pom projects)
executed the add-third-party on all his modules (in a parellel build cycle)
then aggreates all the third-party files in final one in the pom project.
The goal to check if the state of header on project source files.
Displays all the available comment style to box file headers.
Download the license files of all the current project's dependencies, and
generate a summary file containing a list of all dependencies and their
Display all available licenses.
Generates a report of all third-parties detected in the module.
The goal to update (or add) the header on project source files. This goal
replace the update-header goal which can not deal with Copyright. This goal
use a specific project file descriptor project.xml to describe all files to
update for a whole project.
Updates (or creates) the main project license file according to the given
license defines as licenseName. Can also generate a bundled license file (to
avoid collision names in class-path). This file is by default generated in
META-INF class-path directory.
Some useful links:
To get this update, simply specify the version in your project's plugin
The artifacts have been deployed to the mojo repository and will be
mirrored to central.
Release Notes - Mojo's License Maven Plugin - Version 1.4
* [MLICENSE-48] - No support for proxy settings
* [MLICENSE-50] - settings.xml file and pom example for license resolver use invalid file url
* [MLICENSE-51] - Incorrect information on example usage pages
* [MLICENSE-54] - Incorrect command line and broken links in online documentation
* [MLICENSE-56] - SQL header not compatible with MySQL
* [MLICENSE-58] - Doc improvements
* [MLICENSE-59] - Dead links on example page(s)
* [MLICENSE-61] - New year bug in it update-file-header/test-mojo
* [MLICENSE-53] - Allow "includedLicenses" to be specified in sub-tags
* [MLICENSE-63] - Please allow 'quiet' configuration option to disable excess messages
* [MLICENSE-64] - Please allow multiple additive licenseMerge elements
** New Feature
* [MLICENSE-60] - Provide mechanism for shared data store for 'missing' licenses
* [MLICENSE-57] - Updates dependencies
The Mojo team.
To unsubscribe from this list, please visit:
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|