The Mojo team is pleased to announce the release of Animal Sniffer version 1.14.
Animal Sniffer provides tools to assist verifying that classes
compiled with a newer JDK/API are compatible with an older JDK/API.
The following tools are provided by animal sniffer:
* A command line tool to dump the class file version number
This helps you track down the offending jar file when you see
* A set of ANT tasks
for verifying that your classes comply with an API signature as well
as tasks for creating API signatures from a JDK, or a collection or
jar and class files, or a collection of other API signature files, or
combination of these elements.
* A rule for use in the maven-enforcer-plugin
for verifying that your classes comply with an API signature .
* A maven plugin
verifying that your classes comply with an API signature as well as
for creating API signatures from a JDK, or the current module's
classes, or the current module's dependencies, or a collection of
other API signature files, or combination of these elements.
The artifacts have are available from the Maven Central repository.
Release Notes - Mojo's Animal Sniffer - Version 1.14
* [MANIMALSNIFFER-49] - Support covariant return types
* [MANIMALSNIFFER-53] - Documentation error : checking dependency classes
* [MANIMALSNIFFER-50] - Apply plugin Annotations (instead of current doclet tags)
* [MANIMALSNIFFER-51] - Upgrade ASM to 5.0.3
The Mojo Team.